.conf2013 is the 4th Annual Splunk Worldwide Users' Conference. It is the best opportunity to learn about all of the new and interesting ways leading companies are using Splunk. The conference features three days of breakout sessions, plus two pre-conference days for Splunk University—aka Splunk hands-on training classes. And this year, we'll be unveiling more new features, and ways to consume Splunk than ever before. You won't want to miss it!
Dates + Locations
When is .conf2013?
.conf2013 will be September 30-October 3, 2013. Sunday, September 29 and Monday, September 30 will feature Splunk University classes. Monday, September 30 will open with Chalk Talks. The formal session content will begin on Tuesday, October 1, 2013.
When is Splunk University?
There are two optional days of Splunk University. These classes are eight hours long with a one hour lunch break.
- If you've signed up for Splunk University on Sunday, September 29, 2013, classes will begin at 9:00 AM. Classes will adjourn at 6:00 PM.
- If you've signed up for Splunk University on Monday, September 30, 2013, classes will begin at 8:00 AM. Classes will adjourn at 5:00 PM.
Where is .conf2013 being held?
.conf2013 will be held at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, 3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109. Click here to make your reservation online - the Group Code will automatically populate.
In order to receive the conference rate of $189 plus tax, you will need to book your own room by 9/7/13 online via link above or by calling the hotel reservations department at 1-855-435-0005 toll free (or 702-698-7575 local) and providing them with the Group Code SSPLK3. Please note, rooms and rate are subject to availability. All charges will be your responsibility.
Why is the conference in Las Vegas?
Las Vegas provided us with the lowest cost per attendee while also providing the most space to host all of our fantastic content, 12 concurrent breakout sessions, nearly 24+ demo stations for Splunk Apps Showcase, 20+ partners and more.
Who should attend .conf2013?
Everyone who likes data! Operations, Security, Compliance, Architects, Developers and Engineers, if IT data is interesting to you, register for .conf2013 to learn new ways to get more from your data and systems.
- Already using Splunk and a pro? Great, come teach a session and swap ideas with our other power users. Plus take the time to give roadmap feedback to our product management and engineering teams. This is your chance to help craft the product you want to use.
- Intermediate level Splunk and looking to ramp up your instance? Come check out sessions presented by your peers that showcase how they're using Splunk to solve problems and align IT with business goals.
- New to Splunk or just getting your feet wet? Come for pre-conference "Accelerated Using, Searching, and Reporting with Splunk" and start the immersion process. You'll walk away armed with serious Splunk knowledge to take your implementation to the next level.
- Want to write an app for Splunk? Check out the pre-conference "Developing with Splunk" session.
- NEW Executive Track: Management or Business users? Learn how Splunk is driving business decisions and delivering 100X ROI
From Rockstars and IT pros to Superheroes and CIOs, there's something for everyone at .conf2013.
Can free users come?
Yes! But unlike our product, the conference is not "free as in beer." All attendees will need to pay the prevailing conference fee. That said, we will have free beer.
Where will my data take me?
New visibility. New time savings. More efficient processes. Better products. New promotions...Join us at .conf2013—together we'll find new places our data can take us.
Registration + Admission
How much does it cost to attend the event?
- The registration fee for .conf2013 is $1495. When you register before June 14, pay only $1295. BONUS! If you attended last year, we're offering an alumni rate of $995. Use the email you used last year and you'll automatically receive the alumni discount. If you have a new email but are a .conf alumni, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your attendance and get the discount code.
- Cost to attend one day of pre-conference training is $800.
- Cost to attend two days of pre-conference training is $1200.
- Paying by PO? Enter the PO number during registration to pay!
- Remember, we have a group discount! Buy 4 get 1 free. You can take advantage of this discount through the registration website*
* Please note, this offer is valid only when passes are purchased together at time of registration and may not be combined with later registrations. There are no refunds for unused passes.
The special Splunk University pricing is only available when you also register for .conf2013.
|Monday Splunk University + Conference||$1795||$2095||$2295|
|Sunday and Monday Splunk University + Conference||$2195||$2495||$2695|
How can I convince my team it's valuable to attend?
- Tell them the Top 5 Reasons to Attend, or send them the pdf
- Fill out this proposal letter and share it with your team
- Ask them what they'd like to learn from their data--then come to .conf2013 to learn how to find the answer
- Remind them it counts towards professional certifications (See below)
- Watch last year's video promo.
Does the conference count towards any certifications or accreditations?
Yes, attending the conference counts as Continuing Professional Education Credits (CPEs) for ISC2 certifications, including: CAP, CSSLP, SSCP and CISSP certifications. We are in the process of outlying Splunk certifications and the conference can count towards those certifications as well. Contact email@example.com to obtain proof of your attendance.
Is Splunk University included in the price of admission?
No. Additional fees apply for Splunk University.
Please note the special Splunk University pricing is only available when you also register for .conf2013.
Can I just come to Splunk University without attending the full conference?
No. The special Splunk University pricing is only available when you also register for .conf2013.
What does the .conf2013 fee include?
The .conf2013 fee includes:
- Admission to all general and breakout sessions
- Chalk Talks on Monday, September 30, 2013
- Breakfast, lunch, breaks and refreshments on October 1, 2 and 3
- Search Party! on October 1, 2013
- Access to Splunk Answers Desk
- All conference materials
- Complimentary wireless access in the conference area and your sleeping room in The Cosmopolitan
What does the Splunk University price include?
The Splunk University fee includes:
- Access to either the 1-day or 2-day hands-on training classes on September 29 and/or September 30, 2013
- Continental breakfast, lunch and break refreshments
- Training materials for selected sessions
What is the dress for .conf2013?
- Business casual
- Splunk t-shirts are, of course, welcome. Prizes awarded for vintage shirts.
What is the cancellation and substitution policy?
Unfortunately we cannot process cancellations. However if you cannot attend .conf2013, you are welcome to send someone in your place. If you need to do this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the person that will be attending for you. If you are not sending a replacement, it is still important to notify email@example.com that you will not be attending to ensure your hotel is canceled.
How is .conf2013 different from SplunkLive!?
SplunkLive! is primarily an introduction to Splunk, and in truth, it's a sales event. .conf2013 is The Splunk Users' Conference with 3 full days of content. It's the opportunity for users to get down and dirty with the product. Attendees will learn about practical applications of Splunk across deployments of all sizes, environments, industries and use cases. The Splunk Answers Desk gives attendees an opportunity to sit down with Splunk experts to solve your problems and strategize the best way to use Splunk in your environment. The Splunk Apps Showcase demos the latest and greatest from across the Splunk Apps ecosystem. In short, .conf2013 is a deep dive into the best ways to use Splunk to achieve your IT and business goals.
I have a great Splunk success story, can I teach a session?
I built an awesome app with Splunk, can I teach a session?
What types of classes/ sessions will .conf2013 offer?
More than 100 sessions across 8 tracks covering areas in IT Operations, Application Management and Development, Security and Compliance, Big Data and more.
Travel + Lodging
What airport should I fly into?
You should fly into Las Vegas - McCarran International Airport (Airport code LAS).
When should I arrive?
If you're coming for Splunk University optional pre-conference, please plan to arrive the night before your first day of classes, so that you're ready to learn in the morning. If you're joining us for the regular conference, please plan to arrive Monday afternoon, September 30, in time to join us for Chalk Talks. If you are tight on time however, the meat of the conference doesn't start until Tuesday, October 1, at 9:00 AM.
How do I get from the airport to .conf2013?
Taxis are usually quick and easy. Rate from the airport is approximately $18.00 each way. There are several airport shuttle service providers to choose from. Bell Transportation has a booth directly outside Door 9 of the McCarran International Airport baggage claim and rates range from $6-8 per person.
Cosmo no longer offers the shuttle service listed.
Who should I contact if I have more questions?